Sunday, February 1, 2009

Obsessed with today....

Today was a glorious day.  

Those five words do not give today a very accurate description but it's all I could come up with.  Waking up for church, hearing an incredible sermon, enjoying a relaxing morning, spending 45 quality minutes walking on the Trinity Trail alone (with the exception of my iPod), sharing a glass of ice tea at Starbucks followed by a football game.  

My walk on the Trinity Trail this afternoon was INCREDIBLE! I spent 45 minutes outside in the 70 degree weather on the first day of February with no interruptions.  I cranked the volume on my iPod (Mamma Mia filled my ears) and since the walkers were few and far between today, I sang along while walking.  'Dancing Queen' really moved me today! There wasn't a cloud in the sky and I had nowhere I had to be at that moment.  The whole way home, I was smiling ear to ear.  

Thank you Lord for giving us warm sunshine, relaxing weekends and healthy bodies to be outside and enjoy days like today. Amen!

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. 
-John Piper

No comments: