Sunday, June 8, 2008

"goodbye"

Well, here goes....my first attempt at blogging! I find myself spending hours and hours online reading blogs (some written by friends but most written by complete strangers) so I figured I'd begin my own blog in hopes of helping someone (like me) gain insight just like I've gained.

So I begin with a "goodbye".... As a journalism major, I've come to realize how much is really in a word.  Webster defines the word as a farewell; an acknowledgement of a parting or leave-taking. A little over a week ago I said "goodbye" and for the first time I really felt like it was an "acknowledgement of a parting" until the two parties (one being me) meet again.  Over this past week I've reflected on that moment and how life takes us through ups and downs....forcing us to say "goodbye" and sometimes a "see you later".  Life is all about transitions and growing into the life God has planned for us.  We move from one stage into another and sometimes saying 'goodbye' or 'see you later' is the best option.  

So with that I say...."here goes".  Join me in this ride as I take off into the world of blogging. Occasionally it's good to take a look around and really 'stop pretending' and start enjoying what's real....a life without pretending.

No comments: