Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a season of change

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-Anais Nin

Some people are scared of the word "change".  Others relish in the fact that their lives are "ever-changing".  I can't say I'd classify myself as either one.  But right now I know I'm about to embark on an incredible journey full of change.

I am a detailed, organized person who usually follows a schedule and when something changes that schedule, it throws me off....but that's what makes life exciting.  We live without concrete answers, but society still tells us we need to make 9-to-5 decisions.  Living with concrete answers might diminish a passion within us that is so desperately trying to leap out. We yearn for control and stability, which is essentially the opposite of change.  So, is it possible to have change with control and stability?

Do I know where I'm going? Do I know what I'm doing?  Do I know what I want to be when I grow up? Do I really need answers to these questions?  

My life is about to take a complete change and I'm excited about what lies ahead.  There's a plan and some may say it's unfortunate we don't know that plan.  Sure, I don't know my plan but I am confident in the One who does know the plan and the One who holds the future.  He's got it all figured out!  Whether it's what career I'm in, where I live, what I drive or even what my next meal will consist of....all of this is temporary because I am seeking treasures in heaven and not on Earth.  

I want to love what I do and enjoy making a difference, breathe in every breath and love every minute of it.  

I just need to sit back and enjoy the ride!

No comments: